Protocol for Public Worship during COVID-19, beginning 6/6/20
- Those who are ill are asked to stay home. We plan to continue to put our services on line each week.
- Those in attendance are required to wear face masks.
- Please enter the front (South) door and exit the side (West) door.
- Hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the pews.
- Social Distancing of 6 feet needs to be practiced between those not of the same household family.
- Thus, every other pew will be labeled, “Don’t use this pew.”
- The drinking fountain will be covered up.
- Please use the restroom
- Offerings will be placed in an offering box in the narthex.
- No food will be served.
- For communion, we will use a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Those serving communion will first sanitize their hands and will wear masks and gloves. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
- Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. If in doubt, please don’t come, but be tested.
- The church will be sanitized after each service. Hand sanitizer will also be available in the entryway.
- Singing is being discouraged. No choirs will sing. We still plan to sing, but the number of hymns and stanzas will be shortened.
- We will not be touching others or shaking hands at this time.
- The elders and pastor are in charge of seeing that these protocol guidelines are followed.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Pastor: Rev. Wayne Bernau
Principal: Mr. Dan Erdman
Teachers: Mrs. Sue Erdman, Mr. Mark Dicke, Miss Emily Heintz, Mrs. Madelaine Lloyd,
Pre-School Teacher: Ms. Missy Fluegge
Bible School Teachers: Cindy Schultz, Kristen Drill, Brenda Hermel, Kathy Blank, Kim Bode
Pastor’s Office Hours: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
Church Phone: 359-2505 Facebook: ImmanuelCourtland
Church Office E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School & Church web site: www.immanuelcourtland.com
“The mission of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church and School is to remain steadfast in the true Word of God as spoken in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions, to preach, teach, and train people for righteous living, to nurture the faith of its members through the Word of God and the Sacraments, and to faithfully proclaim that Word of Law and Gospel to the community in which God has placed on us.”
The Lord’s Supper is a special celebration of the Gospel of God’s love, forgiveness, and salvation. This sacred meal is for those who repent of their sins, believe in Jesus as their Savior, and who hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. Communion is also a holy union of God with His people and His people with each other. VISITORS who are members of LC-MS congregations are welcome to commune with us. Other visitors please check with Pastor before communing with us, or consult with blue folder in the pew Bibles for more info. ****Communion is celebrated the first and third Sundays of each month. During the summer we also celebrate on the corresponding Saturday evenings of these first and third Sundays at 6:30 PM.
**There will be a Drive-UP communion. After communion is taken inside, Pastor and an Elder will come out under the canopy in the front of the church and administer communion at that time.
September 19TH & 20TH, 2020
16th Sunday After Pentecost
Order of Worship: LSB p. 203
Hymns: 814, 729, 763
Scripture Readings: Isaiah 55:6-9 Philippians 1:12-14, 19-30 Matthew 20:1-16
Sermon Topic: “It’s Not Fair!” Matthew 20:1-16
Weekly Bible Verse: “Are you envious because I am generous?” Matthew 20:15
Our Daily Prayer: Generous Father, help us to rejoice in Your great mercy, grace, and love to all. Amen.
Our Prayer Requests include:
- For a glad and generous heart.
- For our government and for good citizenship.
- For Linda Ostermann, now at Divine Providence in Sleepy Eye.
Welcome to Worship, where the Lord feeds us with His Word and shelters us in His love. Visitors please sign our guest register and come again soon. Children, please help yourselves to a Bible Busy Bag in the entryway, and a Children’s Weekly Busy Bulletin located next to the adult bulletins.
OUR SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK
SAT – 6:30 PM Evening Service w/Communion
SUN – 9:30 AM Morning Service w/Communion
MON – 4:00 PM Worship Planning
TUES – 8:45 AM Confirmation
WED – 8:45 AM Chapel
6:00 PM Confirmation
6:00 PM Bible School
THURS – 8:45 AM Confirmation
FRI – NO SCHOOL
SAT – 9:00 AM Ladies Bible Study at church
SUN – 9:30 AM Morning Service
SERVING THE LORD IN OUR SERVICES
- Elder: Mark Drill (1-507-232-3075)
- AV Coordinator: Vicky Harmening
- Organist/Pianist: Ralph Compart – Saturday Madelaine Lloyd – Sunday
- AV Operator September 19th: Mark Dicke
- AV Operator September 20th: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator September 27th: Glenda Beeck
- Altar Committee: TBD
- For those members of Immanuel who cannot come to church or are not comfortable being enclosed with a group of people, our church has an FM transmitter. You can tune into your radio for 87.9FM in our church parking lot during our service.
- 2. Until this COVID-19 crisis passes, we will be worshipping in church with regulations. Face masks are required. Note the posters on the doors for entry and exiting of the church.
Please remain social-distanced of at least 6 feet from those not part of your immediate family. We are trying hard to keep everyone safe and healthy!
- Please place your offerings in the black offering box at the entrance to our sanctuary. You may do so either as you enter or as you leave. No offering plates will be passed around.
- As we begin a new series of study, titled “Households of Faith,” we look to the book of Luke 24:13-35 and listen to Speaker Rev. Dr. Michael Zeigler of the Lutheran Hour in a message titled, “I Stand at the Door.” Jesus is the Guest who will become the Host for all who trust in Him. Next week the message is titled, “Room at the Table.”
Listen to The Lutheran Hour at 6:05 a.m. Sunday, on WCCO – Minneapolis 830 AM
Or listen on your computer: lhm.org
- SCRIP is simply a word that means “substitute money”, in other words SCRIP or gift cards are cards that retailers sell at a discount. We buy at face value, redeem them for full face value and our school keeps the difference. The next date to order by is October 2nd. See Donna Bernau for a card. More info is in the entryway.
- We will have Adult Bible Study again, starting next Sunday after service. We will continue our study of the Apostles’ Creed from the catechism. Please join us!
- We are in need of volunteers to help with altar duty till the end of the year. Altar Duties include: (1) Help clean communion ware after communion services. (2) Put flowers up for services. (3) Change paraments for each season of the church year. Please sign up in the church entryway what month you are willing to help out. Your service is special to the Lord and to us, too.
- The Immanuel-Lites will be having monthly meetings again according to our original schedule. Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 29, 2020. The Great Minnesota South Get Together will be held on Saturday, October 10, 2020 at Mayer Lutheran High School at Mayer, MN. You must register online at mnslwml.org by September 19. There is an online registration only by the deadline. Total cost will be $33.46. Contact Joyce for any questions.
- Some hymnals have been returned to the pews, since they are no longer considered a significant risk for spreading COVID-19. You may use them as you choose.
IN REVIEW “THAT WE MAY GROW”
- Worship attendance Sunday Morning Service 9/13/20 — 100
- Loose plate offering – $119.06, Mission Offering – $135.00, Guatemala – $.00