Protocol for Public Worship during COVID-19, beginning 6/6/20
- Those who are ill are asked to stay home. We plan to continue to put our services on line each week.
- Those in attendance are required to wear face masks.
- Please enter the front (South) door and exit the side (West) door.
- Hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the pews.
- Social Distancing of 6 feet needs to be practiced between those not of the same household family.
- Thus, every other pew will be labeled, “Don’t use this pew.”
- The drinking fountain will be covered up.
- Please use the restroom
- Offerings will be placed in an offering box in the narthex.
- No food will be served.
- For communion, we will use a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Those serving communion will first sanitize their hands and will wear masks and gloves. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
- Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. If in doubt, please don’t come, but be tested.
- The church will be sanitized after each service. Hand sanitizer will also be available in the entryway.
- Singing is being discouraged. No choirs will sing. We still plan to sing, but the number of hymns and stanzas will be shortened.
- We will not be touching others or shaking hands at this time.
- The elders and pastor are in charge of seeing that these protocol guidelines are followed.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Pastor: Rev. Wayne Bernau
Principal: Mr. Dan Erdman
Teachers: Mrs. Sue Erdman, Mr. Mark Dicke, Miss Emily Heintz, Mrs. Madelaine Lloyd,
Pre-School Teacher: Ms. Missy Fluegge
Bible School Teachers: Cindy Schultz, Kristen Drill, Brenda Hermel, Kathy Blank, Kim Bode
Pastor’s Office Hours: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
Church Phone: 359-2505 Facebook: ImmanuelCourtland
Church Office E-Mail address: email@example.com
School & Church web site: www.immanuelcourtland.com
“The mission of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church and School is to remain steadfast in the true Word of God as spoken in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions, to preach, teach, and train people for righteous living, to nurture the faith of its members through the Word of God and the Sacraments, and to faithfully proclaim that Word of Law and Gospel to the community in which God has placed on us.”
The Lord’s Supper is a special celebration of the Gospel of God’s love, forgiveness, and salvation. This sacred meal is for those who repent of their sins, believe in Jesus as their Savior, and who hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. Communion is also a holy union of God with His people and His people with each other. VISITORS who are members of LC-MS congregations are welcome to commune with us. Other visitors please check with Pastor before communing with us, or consult with blue folder in the pew Bibles for more info. ****Communion is celebrated the first and third Sundays of each month. During the summer we also celebrate on the corresponding Saturday evenings of these first and third Sundays at 6:30 PM.
August 9, 2020
10th Sunday After Pentecost
Order of Worship: P10 Outdoor Service with Guitars & Lead Singers, Printed Service
Hymns: This is My Father’s World, AGPS 144 – Jesus Loves Me
AGPS 165 – Lord, Be Glorified, AGPS 196 – Pass it on,
AGPS 237 – They’ll Know We are Christians By Our Love
Scripture Readings: Job 38:4-18 Romans 10:5-17 Matthew 14:22-33
Sermon Topic: “Sharing the Salvation Story” Romans 10:5-17
Weekly Bible Verse: If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
Our Daily Prayer: Lord God, help me share Your salvation story. Amen.
Our Prayer Requests include:
- For the family of Wayne Thompson who passed away last week and was buried here at Immanuel yesterday.
- For health and safety among all people.
- For the ministry of Christian schools.
- For our witness to our God of Grace.
Welcome to Worship, where the Lord feeds us with His Word and shelters us in His love. Visitors please sign our guest register and come again soon. Children, please help yourselves to a Bible Busy Bag in the entryway, and a Children’s Weekly Busy Bulletin located next to the adult bulletins.
Our Schedule for the Week
SUN – 9:30 AM Morning Service –OUTSIDE!
6:30 PM Elders meet
SAT – 6:30 PM Evening Service w/Communion
SUN – 9:30 AM Morning Service w/Communion
SERVING THE LORD IN OUR SERVICES
- Elder: Gary Pehling (507-340-7465)
- AV Coordinator: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator August 9th: Gina Harmening
- AV Operator August 15th: Mark Dicke
- AV Operator August 16th: Vicky Harmening
- 1. From now on, we will be worshipping in church with regulations due to the COVID-19 VIRUS. Face masks are required. Note the COLORED posters on the doors for entry and exiting of the church.
Please remain social-distanced of at least 6 feet from those not part of your immediate family. We are trying hard to keep everyone safe and healthy!
- For those members of Immanuel who cannot come to church or are not comfortable being enclosed with a group of people, our church has an FM transmitter. Tune into your radio for 87.9FM in our church parking lot during our service.
- This week on The Lutheran Hour we reach into the “Archives of August” to listen to Guest Speaker, Rev. Dr. Dale A. Meyer as he looks to the book of Genesis 1:2-3 in a message titled, “Over The Darkness, God Hovers.” A 5-year-old boy once observed, “God has the whole world in His hands-but sometimes He drops it.” Hear how Dr. Dale Meyer responded to that young philosopher in a classic message titled, “Over the Darkness, God Hovers”. Next week the message is titled, “Seeing Is Believing.”
Listen to The Lutheran Hour at 6:05 a.m. Sunday, on WCCO – Minneapolis 830 AM
Or listen on your computer: lhm.org
- All offerings today will be collected by an usher before the beginning of the service.
- The Nicollet American Legion will be having a blood drive THIS Wednesday, August 12th from 1 PM to 7 PM. Blood is in such a great demand now. All donors will be required to WEAR A MASK and they Must Have an Appointment to donate.
Please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org
and enter: Nicollet to schedule an appointment.
See the poster on the bulletin board for more information.
- Thank You for your wonderful prayers and birthday cards. They made my 85th birthday very special! May God bless you all.
From Harlan Blank
ATTENTION MEMBERS OF IMMANUEL:
**Teachers are looking for 1/2 gallon plastic milk jugs to hold Student water bottles in. If you have any to donate, you can leave them in a bag by the kitchen door. Thank you!
**Also we are looking for volunteers to help with preschool & kindergarten this year. **Also we are in need of volunteers for playground duty for all classrooms. If you are able to help for any amount of time, contact Mrs. Erdman at (507) 351-3473. Thank you.
**Immanuel Lutheran School is looking to hire a part/time janitor. 25-28 hours per week at $15.00 /hour. Must be 21 years of age or older. Contact Dan Erdman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (507) 351-3469.
**Our school board at ILS voted to begin in person school on September 1. This will be subject to change during the school year with guidance from our school nurse, MN health officials, and advice from our Governor. Registration is now open for school year 2020-2021. Go to immanuelcourtland.com to register on-line. Our preschool is for 3-5 year olds. Preschool meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:00-2:45. We will also offer Daycare on Tuesday/Thursday for members of our preschool class.
Our school theme this year will be “Shine” based on Matthew 5:16. Please contact Mr. Erdman at (507) 351-3469 with any questions.
IN REVIEW “THAT WE MAY GROW”
- Worship attendance Saturday evening service 8/1/20 — 25
- Loose plate offering – $90.00, Mission Offering – $66.60, Guatemala – $.00
- Worship attendance Sunday morning service 8/2/20 — 53+2
- Loose plate offering – $89.00, Mission Offering – $89.00, Guatemala – $.00