May 31, 2020 Day of Pentecost
Teachers: Mrs. Sue Erdman, Mr. Mark Dicke, Miss Emily Heintz, Mrs. Madelaine Lloyd
Pre-School Teacher: Miss Missy Fluegge
Bible School Teachers: Cindy Schultz, Kristen Drill, Brenda Hermel, Kathy Blank, Kim Bode
Pastor’s Office Hours: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
Church Phone: 359-2505 Church Office E-Mail address: email@example.com
Facebook: ImmanuelCourtland School & Church web site: www.immanuelcourtland.com
“The mission of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church and School is to remain steadfast in the true Word of God as spoken in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions, to preach, teach, and train people for righteous living, to nurture the faith of its members through the Word of God and the Sacraments, and to faithfully proclaim that Word of Law and Gospel to the community in which God has placed on us.”
Weekly Bible Verse: ”Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:3
Our Daily Prayer: Come, Holy Spirit! Gather us to Christ in faith and to one another in love. Amen.
Our Prayer Requests include:
- Omi Budahn, who passed away May 27 at age 90.
- For Travis Bode and Laura Meinholz who were united in marriage yesterday, May 30th, in the cities.
- For health and safety among all people.
Order of Worship: See white insert sheets; See gray sheet for sermon notes.
Thank you for coming to worship with us today! When you came into the parking lot, the ushers should have directed you as to where to park. This is so that we get larger vehicles in the back and smaller vehicles in the front.
Also, when you entered the lot, the ushers were handing out worship bulletins and the offering was taken by those coming in. Elders and Ushers will not be walking around to collect offerings later in the service.
- We have a speaker system set up for the Drive-In Church service. We are only using the transmitter system if rain is an issue. Then, please tune into your radio to 88.1 FM.
- Next weekend we will again be worshiping in church. With the new regulations, face masks are required and we are limited to 95 people inside church. See gray sheet for PROTOCOL FOR COVID-19 – WORSHIP REGULATIONS
- 4. This week on The Lutheran Hour we listen to a new Guest Speaker, Dr. Matthew Harrison as he looks to the book of John, chapter 14 in a message titled, “Jesus Doesn’t Babble.” Jesus brings the Word of peace to those who have grown weary of all the babble. Next week the message is titled, “An Undeserved Salute.”
Listen to The Lutheran Hour on:
WCCO – Sunday at 6:05 a.m. Minneapolis 830 AM
KJLY – Sunday at 6p.m. New Ulm 104.9 FM
Mankato 107.1 FM
Blue Earth 104.5 FM
- After careful consideration, VBS has been cancelled for the 2020 summer.
- If there are any high school graduates or college graduates that need to be recognized this year, please let Pastor or the church secretary know before June 6th.
Our Schedule for the Week
SUN – 10:30 AM Parking Lot/Drive-In Morning Service
SAT – 6:30 PM Evening Church Service w/Communion
SUN – 9:30 AM Morning Service w/Comm.
SERVING THE LORD IN OUR SERVICES
Elder: Gary Pehling ( 507-340-7465)
- AV Coordinator: Vicky Harmening
- Organist: Lisa Fischer
- Next Funeral Serving Group is #1
IN REVIEW “THAT WE MAY GROW”
- Worship attendance March 14 — 24
- Loose plate offering– $17.00, Mission Offering – $80.00, Guatemala – $10.00
- Worship attendance March 15 — 196
- Loose Plate Offering — $343.45, Mission Offering – $185.00, Guatemala – $.00
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Protocol for Public Worship during COVID-19, beginning 6/6/20
- Those who are ill are asked to stay home. We plan to continue to put our services on line each week.
- Those in attendance are required to wear face masks.
- Worship occupancy is limited to 25% capacity, which means 70 in the sanctuary and 25 in the fellowship hall.
- Please enter the front (South) door and exit the side (West) door.
- Hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the pews.
- Social Distancing of 6 feet needs to be practiced between those not of the same household family.
- Thus, every other pew will be labeled, “Don’t use this pew.”
- The drinking fountain will be covered up.
- Please use the restroom
- Offerings will be placed in an offering box in the narthex.
- No food will be served.
- For communion, we will use a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Those serving communion will first sanitize their hands and will wear masks and gloves. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
- Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. If in doubt, please don’t come, but be tested.
- The church will be sanitized after each service. Hand sanitizer will also be available in the entryway.
- Singing is being discouraged. No choirs will sing. We still plan to sing, but the number of hymns and stanzas will be shortened.
- We will not be touching others or shaking hands at this time.
- The elders and pastor are in charge of seeing that these protocol guidelines are followed.