Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Revised Protocol for Public Worship during COVID-19, June 2021
- Those who are ill are asked to stay home. We plan to continue to put our services on line and over the air each week.
- Those in attendance are recommended to wear face masks if not vaccinated.
- Worship occupancy is not limited. However, there still remains some advice as to social distancing being practiced between those not of the same household family.
- The drinking fountain will be covered up to prevent contact spread of germs.
- Please use the restroom sparingly and observe good handwashing practices.
- Offerings will be placed in an offering box in the narthex.
- The church will be cleaned after each service. Hand sanitizer will also be available in the entryway.
- For communion, we will use a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Those serving communion will sanitize their hands. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
- The fellowship area will be limited to Church function gatherings. Certain Covid recommended protocols will be implemented as needed and recommended to keep us safe. Please follow instructions as provided at these gatherings.
- The elders and pastor are in charge of seeing that these protocol guidelines are followed.
- Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell.
- If in doubt, please don’t come, but be tested.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Pastor: Rev. Wayne Bernau
Principal: Mr. Dan Erdman
Teachers: Mrs. Sue Erdman, Mr. Mark Dicke, Miss Emily Heintz, Mrs. Madelaine Lloyd
Pre-School Teacher: Ms. Missy Fluegge
Bible School Teachers: Cindy Schultz, Kristen Drill, Brenda Hermel, Kathy Blank, Carol Bents
Pastor’s Office Hours: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
Church Phone: 359-2505
Church Office E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School & Church web site: www.immanuelcourtland.com
To Live-Stream the service: go.immanuelcourtland.com\YouTube
“The mission of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church and School is to remain steadfast in the true Word of God as spoken in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions, to preach, teach, and train people for righteous living, to nurture the faith of its members through the Word of God and the Sacraments, and to faithfully proclaim that Word of Law and Gospel to the community in which God has placed on us.”
The Lord’s Supper is a special celebration of the Gospel of God’s love, forgiveness, and salvation. This sacred meal is for those who repent of their sins, believe in Jesus as their Savior, and who hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. Communion is also a holy union of God with His people and His people with each other. VISITORS who are members of LC-MS congregations are welcome to commune with us. Other visitors please check with Pastor before communing with us, or consult with blue folder in the pew Bibles for more info. ****Communion is celebrated the first and third Sundays of each month. During the summer we also celebrate on the corresponding Saturday evenings of these first and third Sundays at 6:30 PM.
**There will be a Drive-UP communion. After communion is taken inside, Pastor and an Elder will come out under the canopy in the front of the church and administer communion at that time.
September 12th, 2021 The Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Order of Worship: LSB p. 235
Hymns: 789, “Softly & Tenderly”, “Let There Be Peace on Earth”, 528 (1-3, 6-7), “Just a Closer Walk”, 537,
CPW 183—Peace Be Yours
Sermon Topic: “James: On Taming the Tongue” James 3:1-12
Scripture Readings: Isaiah 50:4-10 James 3:1-12 Mark 9:14-29
Weekly Bible Verse: ”No man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.” James 3:8
Our Daily Prayer: Lord God, I need Your gracious help to speak kind, truthful, grace- filled words that will benefit and build up those who listen. Amen.
Our Prayer Requests include:
- For our teachers, students, and parents.
- For unity and peace in the church of God and in our world.
- For the remembrance of 9/11.
- For God’s grace to lead us to speak words that give grace to others.
Welcome to Worship, where the Lord feeds us with His Word and shelters us in His love. Visitors please sign our guest register and come again soon. Children, please help yourselves to a Bible Busy Bag in the entryway, and a Children’s Weekly Busy Bulletin located next to the adult bulletins.
OUR SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK
SUN — 9:30 AM Sunday Morn OUTDOOR Service
10:45 AM Adult Bible Class on Proverbs
MON — 8:45 AM Confirmation
6:30 PM Crochet & Pray
TUES — 8:45 AM Confirmation
6:30 PM Ladies Bible Study
WED — 8:45 AM Chapel
6:00 PM Confirmation
4:30 PM ICE CREAM SOCIAL – SERVING TILL 7 PM
THURS — 8:45 AM Confirmation
FRI — 8:45 AM Confirmation
SAT — 6:30 AM Sat. Eve Service w/communion
SUN — 9:30 AM Sun. Morn Service w/communion
10:45 AM Adult Bible Class on the Book of Proverbs
SERVING THE LORD IN OUR SERVICES
- Elder: Gary Pehling (1-507-340-7465)
- Head Usher: Travis Vogel Asst. Head Usher: Kelly Bruns
- Organist/Pianist: Lisa Fischer
- AV Coordinator: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator September 12th: Gina Harmening
- AV Operator September 18th: Kathy Green
- AV Operator September 19th: Glenda Beeck
- Altar Committee for Sept.: Sue Erdman and Molly Rengstorf
Altar Committee for October : TBD
- For those members of Immanuel who are not comfortable or cannot come into church and being enclosed with a group of people, our church has an FM transmitter. You can tune into your radio for 87.9FM in our church parking lot during our service. Our service is also live-streamed.
- Please remember that our protocol for worship during COVID notes that those who are vaccinated may drop their masks, but those unvaccinated persons are encouraged to continue to wear masks. Thank you, as we strive to stay healthy and helpful!
- For communion, we have a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
After communion is taken inside, Pastor and an Elder will come out under the canopy in the front of the church and administer a Drive-UP communion at that time.
- Please place your offerings in the black box at the entrance to our sanctuary. No offering plates will be passed around. The offerings will be brought to the altar during the offertory.
- Today, on the Lutheran Hour we read from Luke 10:25-37 and listen to Speaker Rev. Dr. Michael Zeigler on his message titled, “Who is my Neighbor?” We can’t build a more hopeful neighborhood if we don’t know who our neighbors are and we go out of our way to avoid them. Next week the message is titled, “Scrapped Gifts.”
- Attention families of Immanuel: Immanuel Bible School will begin classes Wed, Sept. 22nd and will meet from 6-7PM. Contact Cindy Schultz if you know of any 3yr olds–6th graders interested.
- Our Men’s Club is serving refreshments after our service today! Free-will offerings collected during our fellowship time will go towards the Lutheran Hour ministries.
- Our Adult Bible Study this fall will center on the Old Testament book of Proverbs: God’ Wisdom for Living a Good and Godly Life.
We start TODAY after our outdoor service. We hope many of you can join us for this practical and insightful study!
- The Guatemala Mission Team is sharing their garden produce, located on a table in the fellowship hall, for anyone wishing to buy. The profits will go towards the Guatemala Fund. May God bless our continued good harvest.
Crocheting and Praying will once again be meeting monthly to make hats, scarves, and throws for those experiencing a cancer diagnosis. We welcome all knitters and crocheters to join us! Our next meeting is TOMORROW, Sept. 13 at 6:30 pm., and we meet the 2nd Monday of each month from 6:30-8:00 at church. Questions: call Sue Erdman at (507) 351-3473.This Wednesday, September 15th is our annual Ice Cream Social. Please help us out and sign up for your favorite job and donation. The sign-up sheet is posted in the entryway. Thank you to all who help make this a wonderful event!
We are in need of your service for the month of October for Altar Committee. A sign-up sheet is on the countertop in the entryway. Your good works and help are appreciated here in the church.
- Immanuel Lutheran School in Gaylord is sponsoring its Annual Best of the Wurst Fundraising Dinner “Drive-Thru Style” on Sunday, Sept. 26 from 10am – 1pm.
Free-will offering. Menu includes: bratwurst, German potato salad, calico beans, Kraut, and cookie.
Also items are available for sale (handmade items, foods and more) outside of Immanuel Church on Sundays, Sept 12 and Sept 19. Online auction for larger items too.
For more info, check out the notice on the bulletin board in the entryway.
- Bylaws Committee: We will meet after the service next Sun., September 19th
Suporting our ministries and missions is only a click away. We offer convenient online giving, so you never have to worry about leaving your cash or checkbook at home. You can make a one-time contribution or set up recurring gifts—a great option for members who are contending with busy schedules. You can make a donation by going to the church website, www.immanuelcourtland.com, and click on ‘Give to Church’. Your donation will help sustain our programs throughout the year.
Thank you for your generosity!
News from ILS
16. We are looking for an aide to help with preschool from 11-3 on Tuesdays. This is during lunch, naptime, and recess.
Please contact Mrs. Erdman if you are available to help the whole time or an hour or two. Thank you!
- Unfortunately, we did not find a cook for school this year. Fortunately, we are able to contract with Nicollet Public School for hot lunch! The challenge we have is getting the meals to our school.
We are looking for maybe a retired friend or grandparent that might be able to go to Nicollet and pick up lunches and deliver to school. We could have several helpers and then each could do one or two days a week. This is how Trinity Nicollet does it also. Please contact Mr. Erdman if you might be available to transport once or twice a week. (507) 351-3469.
Thank you Volunteers insert