Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Revised Protocol for Public Worship during COVID-19, June 2021
- Those who are ill are asked to stay home. We plan to continue to put our services on line and over the air each week.
- Those in attendance are recommended to wear face masks if not vaccinated.
- Worship occupancy is not limited. However, there still remains some advice as to social distancing being practiced between those not of the same household family.
- The drinking fountain will be covered up to prevent contact spread of germs.
- Please use the restroom sparingly and observe good handwashing practices.
- Offerings will be placed in an offering box in the narthex.
- The church will be cleaned after each service. Hand sanitizer will also be available in the entryway.
- For communion, we will use a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Those serving communion will sanitize their hands. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
- The fellowship area will be limited to Church function gatherings. Certain Covid recommended protocols will be implemented as needed and recommended to keep us safe. Please follow instructions as provided at these gatherings.
- The elders and pastor are in charge of seeing that these protocol guidelines are followed.
- Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell.
- If in doubt, please don’t come, but be tested.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Pastor: Rev. Wayne Bernau
Principal: Mr. Dan Erdman
Teachers: Mrs. Sue Erdman, Mr. Mark Dicke, Miss Emily Heintz, Mrs. Madelaine Lloyd
Pre-School Teacher: Ms. Missy Fluegge
Bible School Teachers: Cindy Schultz, Kristen Drill, Brenda Hermel, Kathy Blank, Carol Bents
Pastor’s Office Hours: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
Church Phone: 359-2505
Church Office E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School & Church web site: www.immanuelcourtland.com
To Live-Stream the service: go.immanuelcourtland.com\YouTube
“The mission of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church and School is to remain steadfast in the true Word of God as spoken in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions, to preach, teach, and train people for righteous living, to nurture the faith of its members through the Word of God and the Sacraments, and to faithfully proclaim that Word of Law and Gospel to the community in which God has placed on us.”
The Lord’s Supper is a special celebration of the Gospel of God’s love, forgiveness, and salvation. This sacred meal is for those who repent of their sins, believe in Jesus as their Savior, and who hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. Communion is also a holy union of God with His people and His people with each other. VISITORS who are members of LC-MS congregations are welcome to commune with us. Other visitors please check with Pastor before communing with us, or consult with blue folder in the pew Bibles for more info. ****Communion is celebrated the first and third Sundays of each month. During the summer we also celebrate on the corresponding Saturday evenings of these first and third Sundays at 6:30 PM.
**There will be a Drive-UP communion. After communion is taken inside, Pastor and an Elder will come out under the canopy in the front of the church and administer communion at that time.
June 19th and 20th, 2021 The Fourth Sunday of Pentecost & Father's Day!
Order of Worship: LSB p. 184
Hymns: 863, 719, 729, 722
Scripture Readings: Job 38:1-11 II Corinthians 6:1-13 Mark 4:35-41
Sermon Topic: ”A Few Questions from God” Job 38:1-11
Weekly Bible Verse: “Who is this that obscures My plans with words without knowledge?” Job 38:2
Our Daily Prayer: Heavenly Father, You are perfect in power, in love, and in purity. Help us trust You, even when we cannot see or understand. Amen
Our Prayer Requests include:
- For all Fathers.
- For Irene Vogel recovering from a fall.
- For the family of Carmen Kaesmeyer who passed away March 27, 2020 and was remembered and buried here at Immanuel yesterday, June 19th.
- For God’s healing graces to those who are in need.
- For the wedding of Ruth Bernau and Tyler Robertson here on June 26th.
- For the national LWML Convention in Lexington, KY June 24-27.
Welcome to Worship, where the Lord feeds us with His Word and shelters us in His love. Visitors please sign our guest register and come again soon. Children, please help yourselves to a Bible Busy Bag in the entryway, and a Children’s Weekly Busy Bulletin located next to the adult bulletins.
OUR SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK
SAT — 6:30 PM Saturday Evening Service w/communion
SUN — 9:30 AM Sunday Morning Service w/communion & Father’s Day!
MON — 4:30 PM Worship Planning
SAT — 10:00 AM Robertson-Bernau Wedding
SUN — 9:30 AM Sunday Morning Service
SERVING THE LORD IN OUR SERVICES
- Elder: Gary Pehling (507-340-7465)
- Organist/Pianist: Carol Larson — Saturday Lisa Fischer — Sunday
- AV Coordinator: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator June 19th: Kathy Green
- AV Operator June 20th: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator June 27th: Glenda Beeck
- Altar Committee for June: Kathy Blank
For those members of Immanuel who are not comfortable or cannot come into church and being enclosed with a group of people, our church has an FM transmitter. You can tune into your radio for 87.9FM in our church parking lot during our service. Our service is also live-streamed.
Please remember that our protocol for worship during COVID notes that those who are vaccinated may drop their masks, but those unvaccinated persons are encouraged to continue to wear masks. Thank you, as we strive to stay healthy and helpful!
Please place your offerings in the black box at the entrance to our sanctuary. No offering plates will be passed around. The offerings will be brought to the altar during the offertory.
- Today, on the Lutheran Hour we look at Genesis 1:31 and listen to Speaker Rev. Dr. Michael Zeigler on his message titled, “Clearly Christian: Spiritual.” God is above all, but that doesn’t mean material “stuff” is somehow beneath Him. Dr. Michael Zeigler talks about the unique nature of Christian spirituality.” Next week the message is titled, “Clearly Christian: Judgmental.”
- On Saturday, June 19, we welcomed Rivland Joshua Ronk, son of Joshua and Courtney nee’ Erdman Ronk. Rivland was born September 3, 2020 in Mankato and was baptized yesterday, June 19 here at Immanuel. His sponsors were Nick & Kayley Erdman, Reed & Amanda Kremer and Corey & Molly Lohmiller. We welcome Rivland into our family here at Immanuel!
- Beginning next Sunday, June 27th, we will resume Immanuel’s committees or families wishing to serve after the Sunday church services. Please sign up on the signup sheet located on the kitchen serving counter and where you would like the donations to go to. Our Men’s Club will serve on June 27th.
- Bylaws Committee: We will meet after the service, next Sunday, June 27th.
- Jump on board the Rocky Railway this summer! Meet the Memory Buddies at VBS this July 12th- July 16th from 9:00—11:30 a.m. at Immanuel church. Sign-up sheets are in the entryway, or you may have gotten one in your church quarterly newsletter.
- Supporting our summer ministries and mission is only a click away. We offer convenient online giving, so you never have to worry about leaving your cash or checkbook at home. You can make a one-time contribution or set up recurring gifts—a great option for members who will be traveling during the summer months.
You can make a donation by going to the church website, www.immanuelcourtland.com. Your donation will help sustain our programs during the summer and throughout the year.
Thank you for your generosity!
IN REVIEW “THAT WE MAY GROW”
- Worship attendance Sunday Morning Service 06/13/21 — 75
- Loose plate offering – $147.00, Mission Offering – $215.00, Guatemala – $.00
- Bi-weekly budget needs — $18,403.85; Money from Gen. Envelopes — $9,290.00