Protocol for Public Worship during COVID-19, beginning 6/6/20
- Those who are ill are asked to stay home. We plan to continue to put our services on line each week.
- Those in attendance are required to wear face masks.
- Please enter the front (South) door and exit the side (West) door.
- Social Distancing of 6 feet needs to be practiced between those not of the same household family.
- Thus, every other pew will be labeled, “Don’t use this pew.”
- The drinking fountain will be covered up.
- Please use the restroom.
- Offerings will be placed in an offering box in the narthex and will be brought up front during the offeratory.
- No food will be served.
- For communion, we will use a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Those serving communion will first sanitize their hands and will wear masks and gloves. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
- Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. If in doubt, please don’t come, but be tested.
- The church will be sanitized after each service. Hand sanitizer will also be available in the entryway.
- Singing is being discouraged. No choirs will sing. We still plan to sing, but the number of hymns and stanzas will be shortened.
- We will not be touching others or shaking hands at this time.
- The elders and pastor are in charge of seeing that these protocol guidelines are followed.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Pastor: Rev. Wayne Bernau
Principal: Mr. Dan Erdman
Teachers: Mrs. Sue Erdman, Mr. Mark Dicke, Miss Emily Heintz, Mrs. Madelaine Lloyd
Pre-School Teacher: Ms. Missy Fluegge
Bible School Teachers: Cindy Schultz, Kristen Drill, Brenda Hermel, Kathy Blank, Carol Bents
Pastor’s Office Hours: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
Church Phone: 359-2505
Church Office E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School & Church web site: www.immanuelcourtland.com
“The mission of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church and School is to remain steadfast in the true Word of God as spoken in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions, to preach, teach, and train people for righteous living, to nurture the faith of its members through the Word of God and the Sacraments, and to faithfully proclaim that Word of Law and Gospel to the community in which God has placed on us.”
The Lord’s Supper is a special celebration of the Gospel of God’s love, forgiveness, and salvation. This sacred meal is for those who repent of their sins, believe in Jesus as their Savior, and who hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. Communion is also a holy union of God with His people and His people with each other. VISITORS who are members of LC-MS congregations are welcome to commune with us. Other visitors please check with Pastor before communing with us, or consult with blue folder in the pew Bibles for more info. ****Communion is celebrated the first and third Sundays of each month. During the summer we also celebrate on the corresponding Saturday evenings of these first and third Sundays at 6:30 PM.
**There will be a Drive-UP communion. After communion is taken inside, Pastor and an Elder will come out under the canopy in the front of the church and administer communion at that time.
April 17th and 18th, 2021 Third Sunday of Easter & Confirmation Sunday
Order of Worship: LSB p. 184
Hymns: 478, 547, 744, 537, 832
Scripture Readings: Acts 3:11-21 I John 3:1-7 Luke 24:36-49
Sermon Topic: ”A Beautiful Thing to Me!” Mark 14:1-9
Weekly Bible Verse: “She has done a beautiful thing to Me.” Mark 14:6
Our Daily Prayer: Beautiful Savior, our Prophet, Priest, and King, help us to truly love and faithfully serve You forever. Amen.
Our Prayer Requests include:
- For our 7 confirmands as they go forward in faith and life.
- For our school’s registrations for next year.
- For God’s grace during COVID.
- For our country and its leaders to seek and serve the Lord.
- For growth in faith and love, and a deeper prayer life for all.
- For Gary Enter with serious health issues in Mankato Hospital.
Welcome to Worship, where the Lord feeds us with His Word and shelters us in His love. Visitors please sign our guest register and come again soon. Children, please help yourselves to a Bible Busy Bag in the entryway, and a Children’s Weekly Busy Bulletin located next to the adult bulletins.
OUR SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK
SAT — 6:30 PM Saturday Eve. & Communion
SUN — 9:30 AM Confirmation Sun. &Communion
MON — 8:45 AM Confirmation
4:00 PM Worship Planning
TUES — 8:45 AM Confirmation
WED — 8:45 AM Chapel
6:00 PM Bible School
6:00 PM Confirmation
7:30 PM Men’s Club
THUR — 8:45 AM Confirmation
FRI — 8:45 AM Confirmation
SAT — AM Woman’s Conference at Hosanna
9:30 AM LWML Rally at Green Isle
SUN — 9:30 AM Sunday Morning Service
10:30 AM Quarterly Meeting
SERVING THE LORD IN OUR SERVICES
- Elder: Mark Drill (1-507-327-7851)
- Organist/Pianist: Lisa Fischer
- AV Coordinator: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator April 17th: Glenda Beeck
- AV Operator April 18th: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator April 25th: Gina Harmening
- Altar Committee for April: TBD
- For those members of Immanuel who are not comfortable or cannot come into church and being enclosed with a group of people, our church has an FM transmitter. You can tune into your radio for 87.9FM in our church parking lot during our service.
- Please remember that our protocol for worship during COVID requires us wearing masks, unless there is a medical exception. Also, please have your mask covering your nose as well as your mouth. Thank you, as we strive to stay healthy and helpful!
Please remain social-distanced–at least 6 feet from those not part of your immediate family. We are trying hard to keep everyone safe & healthy!
Please place your offerings in the black box at the entrance to our sanctuary. No offering plates will be passed around. The offerings will be brought to the altar during the offertory time.
- Today, on the Lutheran Hour we look at Jonah 1 and listen to Speaker Rev. Dr. Michael Zeigler on a message titled, “One Greater Than Mrs. McCallister.” Where does one go to hide from God? Dr. Michael Zeigler says the book of Jonah is about God, on a mission to get through to you. Next week the message is titled, “Replace or Repair?”
- Today we celebrate our 7 confirmands. Communion will be celebrated at both the Saturday Evening Service and on Sunday.
Our confirmands for 2021 are as follows:
Leah Beth Bode Alivia Violet Bruns
Kendra Kay Flitter Kelsy Jo Silva
Morgan Marie Hulke Sydney Emma Hulke
Madison Mae Wills
- Ladies Bible Study will begin weekly on Thursdays, starting THIS Thursday, on April 22nd in the church Fellowship Hall. We will visit (chit-chat) starting at 5:30 pm and continue with our study from 6:00 -7:00. Hope you can attend. Open to everyone.
- Church butter braid orders are in the freezer marked with your name for all those who ordered butter braids at church. Thank you for the orders!
- We rejoice in the birth of a son to Joseph & Brittany Stradtman, Ranger Hoyt. He was born 3/25/21. Ranger is welcomed home by his 2 brothers Walker & Gunner. Ranger is the grandson of Dan & Kelly Stein.
- Dear congregation members, it is preschool and kindergarten round up time at Immanuel! Please use the flyers in your church box to tell someone about our wonderful school! Share it with friends, family, neighbors, or maybe a work bulletin board! Thank you for helping get the word out about ILS!
Registration is now open at Immanuel Lutheran School for Preschool and Kindergarten students for school year 2021-2022. Due to COVID restraints we will not have a formal round up this year but instead will schedule private family tours and time to visit with teachers. We are offering this from April 19 – April 30. However, you are certainly welcome to schedule a visit any time!
We offer 3, 4, and 5 year old preschool!
We also have tuition free Kindergarten!
Please call Mr. Erdman at (507) 359-2534 or (507) 351-3469 with questions
or to register. Registration is due by May 1.
Join us as we Shine for Jesus at ILS!
- Interested in the 2022 National Youth Gathering? There will be an informational meeting in the Redeemer Fellowship Hall Wednesday, April 28, at 6:30pm. The youth gathering trip is for youth 14-19 years of age in July 2022. Those that are considering or planning on attending are asked to attend with a parent. No commitment yet required.
Interested in a youth gathering a little closer to home? Consider the Higher Things Conference in Fargo, June 29 – July 2. Contact Miss Heintz for more information email@example.com or 507-360-4722.
- Support for Victims of Domestic Abuse. The Dwelling Place, located in Columbia Heights (www.thedwellingplaceshelter.org) is a Christ-centered ministry providing healing and hope to victims of domestic abuse through supportive services and a safe, transitional place to call home. They offer the precious gift of time needed for safety, healing, and personal development that equips women and children to live free of abuse. The Dwelling Place is one of the current Minnesota South District LWML mission grant recipients. You can learn more about The Dwelling Place from its Director of Mission Advancement Monica Groves on Saturday, April 24, 9:30 a.m.-noon, at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 240 Cleveland Ave., Green Isle. Cost to attend is $3 and includes a box lunch. RSVP by Saturday, April 17 by calling Denise, 507-964-5621. This event is sponsored by the LWML Arlington Zone.
- There is a sign-up sheet in the entryway for anyone who would like to receive The Lutheran Witness magazine. It is delivered monthly and will be delivered with your mail. Those already receiving it will continue to be on the list.
- Thank You! Thank you to the Naomi Budahn family for their donation to the Auto-Visual system in church. This Sunday we will continue to livestream the services on YouTube. To see the services on YouTube go to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk5T7Z2DwHCD-AI9d7iiNKQ
If you do a search for Immanuel Lutheran Church Courtland MN, you will also find it. Click on the link with our logo on it. Our Facebook account also has a link to it.
Please spread the word!
IN REVIEW “THAT WE MAY GROW”
- Worship attendance Sunday Morning Service 04/11/21 — 57
- Loose plate offering – $82.00, Mission Offering – $355.00