Protocol for Public Worship during COVID-19, beginning 6/6/20
- Those who are ill are asked to stay home. We plan to continue to put our services on line each week.
- Those in attendance are required to wear face masks.
- Please enter the front (South) door and exit the side (West) door.
- Social Distancing of 6 feet needs to be practiced between those not of the same household family.
- Thus, every other pew will be labeled, “Don’t use this pew.”
- The drinking fountain will be covered up.
- Please use the restroom.
- Offerings will be placed in an offering box in the narthex and will be brought up front during the offeratory.
- No food will be served.
- For communion, we will use a continuous line with families separated by 6 feet. Those serving communion will first sanitize their hands and will wear masks and gloves. Please extend your hand to receive the wafer and carefully take the individual cup as it is offered. The chalice will not be used at this time.
- Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. If in doubt, please don’t come, but be tested.
- The church will be sanitized after each service. Hand sanitizer will also be available in the entryway.
- Singing is being discouraged. No choirs will sing. We still plan to sing, but the number of hymns and stanzas will be shortened.
- We will not be touching others or shaking hands at this time.
- The elders and pastor are in charge of seeing that these protocol guidelines are followed.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Courtland, MN
Pastor: Rev. Wayne Bernau
Principal: Mr. Dan Erdman
Teachers: Mrs. Sue Erdman, Mr. Mark Dicke, Miss Emily Heintz, Mrs. Madelaine Lloyd,
Pre-School Teacher: Ms. Missy Fluegge
Bible School Teachers: Cindy Schultz, Kristen Drill, Brenda Hermel, Kathy Blank, Carol Bents
Pastor’s Office Hours: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
Church Phone: 359-2505 Facebook: ImmanuelCourtland
Church Office E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School & Church web site: www.immanuelcourtland.com
“The mission of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church and School is to remain steadfast in the true Word of God as spoken in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions, to preach, teach, and train people for righteous living, to nurture the faith of its members through the Word of God and the Sacraments, and to faithfully proclaim that Word of Law and Gospel to the community in which God has placed on us.”
The Lord’s Supper is a special celebration of the Gospel of God’s love, forgiveness, and salvation. This sacred meal is for those who repent of their sins, believe in Jesus as their Savior, and who hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. Communion is also a holy union of God with His people and His people with each other. VISITORS who are members of LC-MS congregations are welcome to commune with us. Other visitors please check with Pastor before communing with us, or consult with blue folder in the pew Bibles for more info. ****Communion is celebrated the first and third Sundays of each month. During the summer we also celebrate on the corresponding Saturday evenings of these first and third Sundays at 6:30 PM.
**There will be a Drive-UP communion. After communion is taken inside, Pastor and an Elder will come out under the canopy in the front of the church and administer communion at that time.
January 24th, 2021
Third Sunday after Epiphany
Order of Worship: LSB p. 184
Hymns: 394, 856, 688 (vv. 1,2,5), 685
Scripture Readings: Jonah 3:1-5, 10 I Corinthians 7:29-35 Mark 1:14-20
Sermon Topic: “Called to Follow Jesus” Mark 1:14-20
Weekly Bible Verse: “Come, follow Me, “ Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” Mark 1:17
Our Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, when You call us, give us wisdom and grace to faithfully follow You. Amen.
Our Prayer Requests include:
- For grace to faithfully follow Jesus.
- For our country and its leaders.
- For our annual Meeting today.
Welcome to Worship, where the Lord feeds us with His Word and shelters us in His love. Visitors please sign our guest register and come again soon. Children, please help yourselves to a Bible Busy Bag in the entryway, and a Children’s Weekly Busy Bulletin located next to the adult bulletins.
OUR SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK
SUN — 9:30 AM Sunday Morning Service
10:45 AM Annual Voters Meeting
TUES — 8:45 AM Confirmation
6:30 PM Immanuel-Lites
WED — 8:45 AM Chapel
6:00 PM Bible School
6:00 PM Confirmation
THURS — 8:45 AM Confirmation
5:30 PM Ladies Bible Study at church
FRI — 8:45 AM Confirmation
SUN — 9:30 AM Sunday Morning Service
10:30 AM Adult Bible Study on the Apostles’ Creed
SERVING THE LORD IN OUR SERVICES
- Elder: Mark Drill (1-507-327-7851)
- Organist/Pianist: Lisa Fischer
- AV Coordinator: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator January 24th: Vicky Harmening
- AV Operator January 31st: Glenda Beeck
- AV Operator February 6th: Mark Dicke
- AV Operator February 7th: Kathy Green/Vicky Harmening
- Altar Committee: January – Mark & Kathy Green
February — Reuben & Judy Bode
- For those members of Immanuel who are not comfortable or cannot come into church and being enclosed with a group of people, our church has an FM transmitter. You can tune into your radio for 87.9FM in our church parking lot during our service.
- Please remember that our protocol for worship during COVID requires us wearing masks, unless there is a medical exception. Also, please have your mask covering your nose as well as your mouth. Thank you, as we strive to stay healthy and helpful!
Please remain social-distanced–at least 6 feet from those not part of your immediate family. We are trying hard to keep everyone safe & healthy!
Please place your offerings in the black box at the entrance to our sanctuary. No offering plates will be passed around. The offerings will be brought to the altar during the offertory time.
- Today, on the Lutheran Hour we continue with a look at the book of Mark 4 and listen to Speaker Rev. Dr. Michael Zeigler on a message titled, “Why Jesus Told Parables.” Jesus parables draw His followers out of the crowd and into the circle of His disciples. Next week the message is titled, “Under the Impression.”
- The Annual Voter’s Meeting will be THIS Sunday, April 24th after church. We meet in the Fellowship Hall. Masks required and we will follow social distancing guidelines.
- Attention Immanuel-Lites: We will again start holding our monthly meetings in the Church Fellowship Hall on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 6:30 PM. Bible Study will be followed by a short meeting. Please remember to wear your masks. Dues will be collected and also remember to bring your mites. Hope to see you there.
- There will be a blood drive at the Nicollet American Legion on Monday, February 8, 2021 from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm. As in the past you must have an appointment to be a donor. Masks are also required. There is a poster in the entryway for more information.
- Crocheting and Praying will begin again at church in March! Our meeting will be at 6:30 PM on Monday, March 8th in the fellowship hall. We will spread out and wear masks. We will be adding new groups to crochet for, so if you know of a group that could use hats, blankets, mittens, or scarves please let Sue Erdman know. We welcome new members anytime!
- Would anyone like to have our old Nativity figures? If so, contact Ryan Bode. If not, they will be disposed of.
Keep in mind:
**60th Annual Pancake & Bratwurst Dinner, NEXT Sunday, January 31st, 11am-2pm.
Moltke Township—St. Peters Lutheran Church, Gibbon. Drive – through ONLY.
Meal includes: 2 pancakes, 2 bratwursts, 2 cheese sticks, milk, applesauce & cookies. **Courtland Lions Ham Dinner Fundraiser, Sunday, February 7th, 11am – 1pm. Courtland Community Center. Drive up, take home & enjoy!
Meal includes: Sliced ham, baked potato, corn, dinner roll, dessert. Cost – $10 per meal. Text or Call 507-382-2758 to reserve your meal by FRIDAY, FEB. 5TH @ 8PM.
More info on the bulletin board in the entryway.
IN REVIEW “THAT WE MAY GROW”
A Worship attendance Sunday Morning Service 01/17/21 — 91
- Loose plate offering – $171.00, Mission Offering – $180.00, Guatemala – $.00
- C. Bi-weekly budget needs — $18,019.23; Money from Gen. Envelopes — $6,279.57